As you plan your trip, please refer to this guide. If you have additional questions, just let us know!
All of our safari vehicles in Kenya and Tanzania come equipped with:
- Seat belts
- Game viewing hatch
- Luggage area for soft sided bags
- Seven passenger window seats
- Radio communication
- Cooler box with bottled water
- First aid kits
Your tour will be in a 4×4 vehicle(s) with 2 to 6 people plus a driver/guide.
Hard sided suitcases are very difficult to pack in the designated luggage area. Therefore duffle type bags are recommended and expected.
- Driver/Guide: $15 per person per day
- Excursions in Nairobi: $10 per excursion
- Airport Transfers from NBO and ARK: $4 ($2 each way)
- Airport Transfers from JRO: $10 ($5 each way)
- Porters: $.50 – $1 per bag (includes stowing a bag at the base hotel)
- Tips on meals – 10% of bill
- Beverages* really depends on the individual: $5 – $25 + per day.
- Beverage tips on any type of beverage: 10% of bill paid directly to the server – even if you are charging it to your room.
- VISA: you will need one for both Kenya and Tanzania and are required to have at least 6 months of validity remaining in your passport.
- Souvenirs: double whatever you expect to spend $100 – $200
- Additional Meals not included in the itinerary: $20 – $35
- Cash Cushion for the unexpected: $100
All U.S. dollars will need to be printed 2006 or later for Kenya and 2008 or later for Tanzania. The local people/banks/hotels/restaurants will not accept bills from you that are printed before the dates above.
* Coffee/Tea bars are free and usually open all day. Juices are included with breakfast. Also, included is one 20 oz. bottle of water for each person at the hotel/lodge and one 20 oz. bottle of water per person per day from the safari company while on safari. All other beverages – water, soda, specialty coffee drinks, beer, wine and cocktails can be purchased with your server or through the bar. You may charge any of these items to your room but PLEASE pay the tip directly to the server or bartender.
Your Tour Includes
- Meet and greet services at the airport upon arrival and departure
- Airport Transfer to and from your base hotel
- A 4×4 vehicle while on your safari with a photo roof with maximum 6 pax in a vehicle (SeeBush Notes)
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- Guaranteed window seat
- Game drives
- All accommodations and meals as specified
- All park fees and government taxes
- One bottle of mineral water per person per day during game drives
Your Tour Does Not Include
- International flights
- Airport tax (usually included in the ticket price)
- Driver guide or local escort gratuities
- Drinks unless specified and dining rooms tips, porterage, personal travel and baggage insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature (souvenirs, etc.)
A National Park are wildlife and botanical sanctuaries that do not allow human habitation or use of the land and is administered by the government. A National Reserve is similar but under certain conditions the land may be used for purposes other than nature conservation. Therefore, some controlled agriculture may be allowed. Administration is done by a body such as a conservancy, local council or trust.